Saturday, November 8, 2008

Web Based Educational Resources

I think of myself as rather technology-savvy but I am amazed each time I read the blogs and each time we get together as a class at the many, many web-based educational resources that are available out there for teachers. Any teacher who does not use them is foolish as, with a discerning eye, you can definitely find the best of the best and adapt it to your students to the benefit of all - you and your students.

Wired.com did a great review of the top online learning resources (http://www.wired.com/culture/education/news/2007/08/education_resources). Each one is chock full of information, covering all subject matters and all grade levels. Any teacher who does not use this is not doing the best for themselves or their students.

And - if you have a great lesson or idea, find a place to post it and share it with your fellow teachers!!

1 comment:

Shaheed Lewis said...

I must agree that there are many web-based educational resources out there, many of which are FREE. I sent a school wide e-mail to the faculty about HIPPOCAMPUS.COM and HOW THINGS WORK.COM from class sessions and I have recieved much feedback from early elementary teachers to the librarian.